The Fluffiest, Cheesiest Scrambled Eggs Ever!by Jen Fisch | 4 months ago
Scrambled eggs are one of those things that everyone makes a little bit differently, but I think I just put together the best scrambled egg recipe ever (at least according to my 14 year old daughter:) My daughter and like ours SUPER cheesy. One weekend morning she woke up and requested “the fluffiest, cheesiest scrambled eggs ever”, so like any other super mom I got to work;)
I had just gotten a brand new KitchenAid stand mixer and I also had my right hand in a cast, so since I couldn’t whisk the eggs I decided to whip them up in the mixer. This trick plus the addition of lots of butter turned out to be incredible! See the full instructions below!
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp of grass-fed butter
- 2 tbsp of heavy whipping cream (you could also use milk or non-dairy milk of choice)
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese, I used Mexican Blend
- 2 tsp of Breakfast Blend seasoning
- 1 tbsp of fresh parsley, chopped
- Pepper, to taste
- Heat skillet over medium heat, add 2 tbsp of butter
- Crack 4 eggs into your mixer. Add the heavy whipping cream, breakfast blend seasoning, and pepper into the mixer bowl. Set to medium speed (4 on the KitchenAid mixer). Mix for about 3 minutes or until bubbling and frothy.
3. While eggs are mixing the butter should be melting. You want your butter bubbly and frothy just like your eggs. When both achieve that point, pour the egg mixture into the skillet.
4. Allow the eggs to set in the pan and then gently fold them until cooked through. You can see how fluffy they are! I don’t like to stir them too much, just gently fold to cook all the way through. When eggs are just cooked through add the cheese on top, turn off the heat and fold eggs over cheese to speed up the melting. You can also cover the skillet briefly, but I don’t find that necessary as the hot eggs will melt the cheese.
5. Top with fresh parsley and I always add a side of bacon!
Tip: I love to use Vital Farms eggs and butter. One of the main keys to amazing scrambled eggs is starting with the best eggs you can find! The difference can be seen in the color of the yolk. You want your yolks to be super orange! That means they are fresh and full of nutrients. I believe in eggs and butter are 2 things worth spending a little more money on, the difference in taste and quality is HUGE!