Facial Cupping For The Win!by Marianela Pereyra | 1 year ago
Needles in my back and hot cups on my shoulders. Loving life 🙂
I have always been a fan of Eastern Medicine. I had my very first cupping session years ago in Manhattan, and I’ve been a fan ever since! It’s not so easy to apply glass cups on your back whilst setting them on fire, so it wasn’t a routine I could implement regularly.
I’ve recently become a huge proponent of being able to do more self care, at home. When I came across Lure Essential’s cupping kit, I just had to try it! I absolutely fell in love with the CHAKRA set. I would leave the smaller cups on my traps during a Netflix binge, and move them around my back every few minutes. I felt incredible afterwards.
Something I had never tried before was “facial cupping”. Whaaaat?!
Finally, an inexpensive, non-invasive, safe alternative to chemical treatments. The facial silicone cups are designed to lift and massage facial tissue, helping to stimulate collagen production. After just a few minutes of facial cupping I noticed my cheeks started to plump up, and my skin started to glow!
All you need to get started is your facial oil of choice. Lure’s rosehip oil is heaven sent. I also like to use avocado oil, seabuckthorn oil, or coconut oil.
Facial cupping has a myriad of benefits:
Increase oxygen-rich blood circulation, strengthen skin & connective tissues
Stimulate fibroblast cells responsible for collagen and elasticity production
Visibly reduce fine lines and deeper wrinkles
Tone chin, jawline, neck & décolletage
Increase depth & efficacy of your skincare products
Reduce scars, excess oil & pore size
Improve product absorption & nutrient delivery to skin
Here is a step by step tutorial from Lure Essential to help guide you through your first facial cupping experience:
FOR THE FACE (larger cup)
1. Begin at the base of the ear, move down the side of the neck and across bottom of the clavicle using Flash cupping (suction & release) method. Repeat 3 times.
2. Place cup under the chin and glide under the jaw back toward the ear. Drain down the neck using Flash Cupping method. Repeat 3 times.
3. Place cup on the chin and glide across the jaw line and over the face under the cheek bone area toward the ear. Drain down the side of the face and neck using Flash Cupping method. Repeat 3 times.
4. Start at the side of the nostril and glide the cup across the face toward the ear. Area marked with an “X” is the sinus area where you can use the Flash Cupping method then continue to glide over the cheek toward the ear. Drain down the side of the face, down the neck and across the clavicle. Repeat 3 times.
5. Place the cup on the area marked ·x· between the eyes and hold to release (Flash Cupping). Glide the cup upward to the center of your forehead to release tension. Repeat 3 times.
6. Start at the center of the forehead and glide the cup across the forehead to release frontalis muscle (forehead wrinkles). Use Flash Cupping method down the side of the face and neck. Repeat 3 times.
FOR THE EYES (smaller cup)
7. Start at the inside corner of the eye, use Flash Cupping (suction & release) method gently and slowly. Move across the top lid to move fluids to the exterior corner of the eye. Next use same suction & release technique under the eye. When finished, glide the cup down the side toward the ear. Repeat 3 times.
8. Use a smaller or larger cup to lift the brow area. Place the cup above the brow and use your other hand to lift the inner brow. Keep the cup suctioned in place for 5-10 seconds, then complete by gliding the cup toward the outer end of the eye. Use Flash Cupping method down the side of the face and neck. Repeat 3 times.
FOR THE LIPS (smaller cup)
9. Place a smaller cup above the top lip line area. Proceed by using the Flash Cupping method. To address fine lines and wrinkles use the cup to lift the skin up, hold for a few seconds then release. Complete this step by using the gliding massage stroke above the upper lip to the side of face. You may cup or plump you the lips, but first be sure to apply oil or lip balm to pre-treat and moisturize the lips and for better adhesion. Repeat 3 times.
Happy Cupping my friends!